Canning is an economical and nutritional way to preserve fresh quality grown fruits and vegetables at home without added preservatives or pesticides. This set has just about everything you need to get the job done. Includes a funnel with an easy fit design for regular and wide-mouth jars; tongs with coated handles for lifting foods when canning or cooking; magnetic jar Lid Lifter for safely keeping fingers from touching hot water when placing lids on jars; a jar lifter for removing hot jars with one hand. The ends of the Jar Lifter are coated for better grip on jars. The jar wrench easily opens screw on jar caps. A 9 inch colander is perfect for washing and draining your foods before putting into the jars. The 21 quart canner with rack is just the right size for holding 7 one quart jars. Set includes 21 quart canner, canner lid, jar rack, colander, lid wench, magnetic lid lifter, tongs, jar lifter and funnel.
- 9-piece canning kit includes 21-quart canner, canner lid, 7-jar rack, 9-inch colander, lid wrench, funnel, tongs, jar lifter, and magnetic lid lifter
- Durable enamel-on-steel construction heats quickly and efficiently
- Side loop handles help ensure safe, secure transport; coated stay-cool tool handles
- Domed lid with loop handle helps trap in heat for faster boiling
- Safe to use on both gas and electric stovetops; hand wash
- Note: Do not use on glass cooktops (does not have a flat bottom)
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 15.5 x 10.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B002KHN602
- Item model number: 0718-1
Average Customer Review (162 customer reviews)
Can't go wrong..., By Kathleen Azhar
October 31, 2011
I bought this set to replace an old canner (sans lid) that had belonged to my grandmother and I wanted to make a batch of apple butter. It arrived promptly, I washed it all and made a huge batch of apple butter and brandied pears. While washing the canner and jar rack/lifter, I noticed a spot on the lid where the enamel had flaked off and the jar rack was rusted! I wasn't horrified, but concerned that after one use it looked worse than my grandmothers old pot. I contacted Granite Ware via email--they were fantastic! They shipped me a new canner and rack (the blancher and strainer were perfect) in record time. I canned blueberry jam this weekend and the enamel is perfect and no rust on the rack.I must say, it is always a relief to deal with a company that will replace an item without delay, questions or redirecting blame--sometimes there is just bad product and once replaced everybody is happy. I would buy Granite Ware again in a heartbeat. I KNOW this company will...
Canning Kit, By D. Case
February 14, 2010
I bought this kit so I could more easily make Pepper Jelly. The kit made it easier to do the whole process. The tools really helped in the handling of hot jars and lids. The only problem I had was in heating the smaller jars (4oz and 8 oz). The basket (which is essential to the process) was designed to hold the larger jars (1 pint to 1 qt).Overall, I really like the kit and I am planning to can some vegetables and some home made salsa in larger jars.
not for smooth cooktops, By shmoopy
August 17, 2010
Description didn't say that this cannot be used on smooth ceramic cooktops, so I didn't find that out until I opened the box and read it on the pot's label. Disappointed in the description provided, but shipping was quick and the return was simple with a speedy refund.