Peach Sangria

I just got back from a crazy amazing summer road trip. 1650 miles and 10 days, exploring my home state of California. I dined in terrific restaurants, saw natural wonders, toured cheese farms, and found myself in totally new and unfamiliar places. I also got to sleep in almost every day of the trip– no alarm clock, can you imagine?! What a treat! The past few months have been super busy, and I really needed to take a few days all to myself. Getting away and exploring the state left me well rested and inspired. I am so excited to share some of the culinary tidbits I picked up along the way.

Now that I’m back home and slowly returning to the “real world,” part of me still longs to be on the road. But I’m convinced I can make the summer fun stretch another month. The answer? Peach Sangria! This sweet and summery beverage is crisp, clean, and very easy to prepare. Seasonal summer flavor, so cool and refreshing. It’s like a mini vacation in a pitcher. Cheers!

Sangria Pitcher and Glasses

Any purchase you make from The Shiksa Market helps to support my website, my recipes, and the free content I provide. If you have an Amazon login, it’s even easier to make a purchase. Thanks for browsing!

Peach Sangria

• 2 large fresh yellow peaches (about 1 pound total), sliced
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup peach liqueur or peach schnapps
  • 1 bottle white wine
  • 1 litre ginger ale, chilled

• Sangria pitcher, serving glasses
Servings: 6-8
  • Place the sliced peaches into the bottom of the sangria pitcher.
  • In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool. This is your simple syrup.
  • Pour the simple syrup, peach liqueur and white wine over the peaches. Stir.
  • Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
  • When ready to serve, top the pitcher off with chilled ginger ale and stir gently. Serve in wine glasses, allowing a piece of fruit or two into each glass.
  • The ginger ale will lose its carbonation quickly in the pitcher, but will still add a great flavor. If you'd like a more sparkling sangria, top the glasses off rather than the pitcher. Fill each glass half full with sangria and top off with ginger ale. This will make the final beverage more carbonated and sparkling.

Category: Beverages, In the Kitchen, Nut Free, Pareve, Recipes, Slide Show, Tomato Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

1. Medeja says:

Oh, I can almost taste the combination of these drinks together and peaches.. yummy!

2. Jonathn Shaes says:

Made it with freshly picked, sweet and succulent Ohio peaches.

3. That’s awesome to hear! I just returned from a much longer trip– over 8,000 miles and a bunch of states, but I’d love to stick to California next time and see everything! Love your sangria!

4. jdana says:

The fruit in the picture looks more like a nectarine than a peach to me.

So can you make this recipe with nectarines as well? (I love them both). How about plums or those plout-y things – I think they’re considered stone fruits as well.

Hi Jdana, they are peaches, not nectarines. The sangria would also work well with nectarines, they would add a slight tartness which would be nice.

5. jess says:

I made this this weekend with some Sauvignon Blanc, delicious! I was a little lazy when it came to making simple syrup so I used Agave Nectar instead, still tasted great. Thanks for the perfect poolside treat!

6. Hi Sweetheart!!
    This is soooo pretty!! And with Ginger Ale! YUM!

7. scott says:

How do you print this out WITHOUT the extras?

8. Sondra says:

This was delicious! I used frozen peaches nd frozen berry! It was not the season for fresh fruit. Yummy!

9. Donna says:

My sister made this sangria for a Memorial Day BBQ last weekend – Sooo refreshing! You’ve both made a white wine convert out of this merlot lover!

10. Cathy says:

Do you taste the ginger ale much ? I’m not a fan of it ….. If so what else could I use ? Is it just for the bubbles ? Thanks.

Cathy

Hi Cathy! You can sub 7-up or Sprite if you prefer. It’s mostly for bubbles and sweetness, though I like the bit of flavor the ginger provides. If you don’t, no biggie, those subs will work great!

11. Michelle says:

GREAT recipe! I love the addition of ginger ale (or fevertree ginger beer) for taste and sparkle. I had never thought of it before. Here’s to being a tourist in your home state – which I got to do last summer as well.

12. Having a girls night to watch The Bachelorette and I was thinking of making sangrias. Thanks for the recipe. It’s perfect!

13. Ashley says:

I already have a bottle of premade simple syrup from the store…if I used that how much would I put into the recipe?

14. I can’t wait to try this!! What white wine would you recommend? Could I use moscato to make this? Or would that be too sweet to use? Also I can’t believe it took me so long to find your blog, I love it!!

• Laura says:

I just bought moscato to make this… Did you make yours with moscato, and if so, how did it turn out? THANKS!

Hi Laura, I used a Chardonnay. Moscato is quite sweet, so you may not need the additional sugar syrup… best to mix the drink and taste, then add the syrup if it needs more sweetness. Enjoy!

15. Machelle Hamilton says: