Happy Passover from Israel

Chag Pesach Sameach friends! I wanted to share a few images from Israel before we start our Seder here in Tel Aviv (I’ll post more next week, promise!). The feeling here is so calm, so quiet– it’s difficult to describe how peaceful the city has suddenly become. It started yesterday, when I visited the old port city of Jaffa. Already I could feel a sense of quiet anticipation in the air as the Seder drew near. Today, after about noon, the beaches slowly emptied till only a few tourists remained. Even the animals I photographed seemed to sense a change in the air.

I am looking forward to gathering with my family and friends this evening. It’s my first time celebrating the Seder in Israel, and also the first time I haven’t cooked the meal myself! It’s a bit strange, as I’m used to being in the kitchen all day, but instead I’ve been free to explore the city and see the change that is taking place as the holiday approaches. What a wonderful, blessed experience.

As we share the ancient stories and say the blessings, I can’t help thinking of those who are less fortunate than we are tonight. My heart hurts for the people affected by the terrible tornadoes on the east coast of America. We’re praying here in Israel for those who have lost loved ones, and others who are hurting for any number of reasons around the world. We are so blessed, and I am truly grateful to be able to spend this joyful time in the Holy Land.

Chag Pesach Sameach! Wishing you all Love and Light.

xoxo Tori

A bird lands to take a drink on a fountain in Jaffa

Statue of Faith - Jaffa, Israel

Art galleries - Jaffa, Israel

Zodiac Fountain - Jaffa, Israel

This cat is feeling peaceful – Jaffa, Israel

Burning chametz from the cookware - B'nai Berak, Israel

The beach is quiet, the holiday is beginning - Tel Aviv, Israel

Category: Tori's Corner, Travel

1. maria basch says:

Chag Sameach to you and your family also! I love how you have elevated the word Shiksa into something positive! Thank you for all your creativity and hard work. From one shiksa to another, Chag sameach.

2. laurie says:

yafe me’od!!
    חג פסח שמח!!

3. Coco Gakvez says:

Great pictures, thank you for sharing them with us. May you, your family and friends have a pleasant Seder, Chag Pesach Sameach! . Peace and light <3

4. Hag Kasher V’Sameakh!

5. Teresa C. Curry says:

Thanks for the comments and pictures. I actually feel homesick.

6. Lawrence Siegfried says:

Wow… Looks Amazing… Wish we were there too… :) Enjoy Yom Tov

7. Rita Kaufman says:

Thanks for sharing. Happy Passover to you and your family.

8. Karin Henken says:

Chag Pesach Sameach to everyone. May everyone enjoy spending time with family and friends. Tori, enjoy your wonderful trip to Israel! My friends daughter is not enjoying seder this year, she is sitting guard duty by the Egyptian border. She is 18 years old. May G-d bless Shoval Dorani and all of the Israeli soldiers.

9. Fanny Brand says:

I’ve been enjoying your blog and recipes. Whatever I’ve cooked or baked came out great. Living in Israel and just arrived back from a long visit in L.A./N.Y. Hag Sameach to you and your family!

10. Carol Esther says:

I LOVE seeing all of the pictures! One day…. one day I’m going to Israel!

11. Ilana says:

My first seder in Israel was in 1965- and it was the first one where my mom didn’t cook. She vowed that she wasn’t going to clean someone elses house for Pesach (we rented a home in Jerusalem for the year)- so we sold our chametz, and spent the holiday at a kibbutz guest house. It is strange not to be fussing in the kitchen- but I hope you enjoyed your holiday and your trip, and your Israeli mishpacha. Love your blog. My nephew is getting married to a non-Jewish gal, and I told her alll about your website!