Tori’s Sukkah 2010

Hey Shiksa Friends! I’ve been meaning to post some pictures of my Sukkot sukkah. I finally got around to taking pics this weekend. As you can see, I went a little “Martha Stewart” with the project. What can I say? Autumn decorations were 40% off at the craft store. Craft sales are my weakness.

If you built a sukkah this year, email me a picture! Maybe I’ll post a few of your sukkahs on my site next week so we can all share the sukkah love.  :)

Hope you’re all having a splendid Sukkot weekend!

My Sukkah!

Don't you love the multi colored water goblets? They were a birthday gift from my mom!

Sukkah decoration. I love birds!

The Shiksa in her Sukkah!

Category: Tori's Corner

1. Brenda Esselman says:

Wonderful!!

2. Margo says:

Very nice Sukkah, I enjoy your recipes, comments and photos. Keep up the nice work!

3. Mel Branon says:

LOVE IT!

4. Cheryl says:

It’s beautiful, Shiksa!!! Mazeltov, you did a wonderful job. What’s on the menu? What fine feast will accompany the gorgeous surroundings?

5. Tori Avey says:

Cheryl, we’ve eaten in there a lot over the past few days, but a few of the highlights (from various meals) include: Iraqi Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplants, Savory Braised Short Ribs over Polenta, Roasted Root Veggies, Sephardic Stuffed Zucchini, Shabbat Chamin, Cauliflower Latkes, Pareve Pumpkin Pie, Apple Crisp, and of course my Shiksa Hummus! :)

6. Sheila says:

How lovely!

7. Nancy says:

How lovely. I was mounring the passing of summer, but viewing your sukkah has put me in an autumnal frame of mind. Thank you!

8. Zanne says:

Absolutely beautiful Shiksa Stewart, Your menu sounds devine, I will look for the recipes for the stuffed Eggplants and zucchini, and others….

9. Looks very nice. Great job.

You did a wonderful job.

10. cheryl says:

I would love to know how you made the savory braised short ribs.. the root veggies..

11. Carol Esther says:

I love it!!! Martha and all!!! LOL Next year I am building my very first Sukkah! And your menu sounds like it was scruptious! Thanks for sharing. Your Shiksa friend, Carol

12. shannon says:

beautiful, lovely job, never got so far, looks amazing.

13. Thea says:

It looks beautiful! You did a great job!

14. connie says:

Your Sukkah is just beautiful! Especially love the table setting….we are not that “formal” with ours…….we have to hold our plate on our lap this year…….but it works!! I enjoy your blog, keep them coming!! Shalom shalom, connie

15. connie says:

Can’t figure out how to post my Sukkah pics :(

Connie, you can email them to me. My email is linked to my About Me page. I would write it here but I’ll get spammed. If you go to the About Me page, there is a link at the bottom of the page that says “Email The Shiksa in the Kitchen.” Click that and it will open a new email addressed to me. Then you can send your pics directly to me. Can’t wait to see them! :)

16. Rhonda says:

Hi
    This my first visit to your blog (or any blog for that matter). I just wanted to say that G-d holds converts to Judiasm in the highest esteem ! And, I also wanted to express my greatfulness to you for following our faith and help keeping the traditions alive. I have 2 daughters that are probably your age and they both have a strong bond to our history, traditions, and G-d. AGAIN, Mazel Tov to you for doing a wonderful job !!! xo Rho

17. Nirit says: