Passover Seder Menus 2010

Hi Shiksa Friends! I’ve compiled all of my Passover recipes and created two Passover menus to help you plan your Seder meal (because that’s how much I love you!!). The first menu is Ashkenazi (no kitniyot), the second is Sephardi (kitniyot included). Each dish is a link; click on it and you’ll be taken to the recipe. If you’re not strictly against kitniyot, I suggest mixing and matching from the two menus, Ashkephardic-style… that’s what we do in our home, and it makes for a really interesting, delicious meal.

Wondering what I’ll be cooking for my 50 Seder guests on Monday evening? Sign up for Twitter and follow me:

@theshiksa

I’ll be live-tweeting the Seder meal! Would love to “tweet” with all of you and hear how things are going. It’s more fun to cook as a team, right?  :)

I’ve also included a list of Passover-friendly recipe options at the end of this blog. Comment me and let me know what you’re making for your Seder!

xo Tori

ASHKENAZI PASSOVER SEDER MENU

Appetizers

Matzo Ball Soup

Spiced Charoset with Candied Walnuts

Entrees

Slow Cooker Brisket

Sides

Passover Potato Kugel

Oven Roasted Asparagus

Spiced Carrot Walnut Tzimmes

Desserts

Passover Apple Pecan “Pie”

Marak Perot

Tri-Color Pepper Salad

Easy No-Bake Chocolate Matzo Cake

Category: Roundups, Tori's Corner

1. aprnstrngs says:

AMAZING. Thank you, Tori. I’m signing up on Twitter just to follow you! xo

2. kg123 says:

hey tori are the spincah pancsake kosher for pasover? I cant tlel and wnat to add them to my menu.,
    sorry about the bklackberry,
    kelly

3. michael from Long Beach says:

Hey Tori-adorable,

Was hoping for something like this! I’m doing the cooking! I’m gonna mix it up, Ashkephardic-style! With an extra touch of FABULOUS.

Lots of love and holiday CHEER,
    Michael.

4. crackberry mom says:

how much do i love you for posting this?
    seriously, how much do I love you?
    let me count the ways.
    happy passover!

5. RuthieS1960 says:

…and just in the knick of time! I’m cribbing from this heavily this weekend. Love ya, Tory! Ruthie

6. galina says:

Hello Dear Tori love this menus thank you for prenting them. happy passover to you. best galina

7. Tori Avey says:

Glad this is helpful! kg123, the spinach pancakes are kosher for Sephardic Passover, but not for Ashkenazi. If you’re unclear about the distinction, see my blog about kitniyot:

link to theshiksa.com

Chag Sameach everybody! :)

8. Tori,
    This is an amazing blog. What a perfect post for planning your holiday meals. I am going to recommend you on our blog for our Jewish Interfaith couples. This is a great resource for them.

Chag Sameach Pescach,
    Yehudit

9. Tori Avey says:

Thanks Yehudit, I appreciate the recommendation!

10. RuthieS1960 says:

Tory (sp?)
    I followed your menu TO THE LETTER. I had NO IMAGINATION. It was HEAVEN!!!! I didn’t have to think about anything except buying the food on your blog. I printed up the whole page, went to the farmer’s market, shopped my tush off, and got to work. I just went down the list and got cooking. It was the BEST SEDER EVER. The matzoh ball soup? Amazing. I did some Ashki, some Sephardi, all delicious. You were my secret weapon. Keep it coming!!!! And bless bless bless you.
    Ruthie

11. Cara Mia says:

Hey Tori,

Just wanted to let you know we all had your charoset balls around here last week and they were the hit of the seder. No one had ever heard of them before and we all loved them. Thanks for your bog and your great suggestions!

Best,
    Mia

12. aprnstrngs says:

Dear Tori,

Hope your Pesach was as wonderful as you made mine!

I used a lot of your recipes, and they were wonderful.

Thanks so much!!!

13. Michael from Long Beach says:

Tori!

I’m still recovering from Passover! Your recipes KILLED IT! (In a good way, like the kids say.) Maman’s fish was my hubby’s fave. (He’s all about healthy food, bless him). Thank you SO MUCH for making this so much easier! Can’t wait to see your cooking special!!! xo Michael

14. crackberry mom says:

Your doign a video? DETAILS PLEASE
    p..s. your blog ROCKED my WORLD last week. the kids were so into that matzoh choclate thing it was redonkulus. chag sameach!

15. Tori Avey says:

So glad you all enjoyed the recipes! It makes my heart happy knowing you all enjoyed my dishes and shared them with your family and friends.

Yes, crackberry, I’m filming a cooking special… details will be posted in a few weeks!

16. Beth Palmisano says:

Tori, I just want to say how much I enjoy your site. I am learning so much and every recipe I’ve tested has been delicious. We are lucky to have you around! Thanks once again.

Thank you Beth! I’m so happy you’re enjoying the recipes. FYI, I just received an error message on your subscription to my site– perhaps you entered your email address incorrectly? Email me via my contact form and I will get it sorted out for you: link to theshiksa.com

17. alli says:

I may be a little late with the compliment, but I made your brisket sliders for my husband’s birthday dinner. It was SO wonderful! EVERYONE just loved it. I have been following you for a long time, I reccomend your blog to EVERYONE! You are a goddess! Thank you for your inspiration. I enjoy all of your expansions including the crafts. Chag sameach!