Yesterday, I shared my method for roasting bell peppers. Today, I wanted to share a super simple way to prepare and serve them. My husband’s niece Sharone gave me this Sephardic Mediterranean salad recipe. I make it regularly because my husband loves it so much. It’s best served on a piece of crusty bread, or as a side dish for grilled chicken or fish.
Keep in mind that while it may seem like a lot of bell peppers, they will shrink when roasting. If you have the oven space, you can easily double this recipe for a larger quantity. During grilling season, you can also roast bell peppers on the grill… this method creates a wonderful smoky flavor!
Any purchase you make from The Shiksa Market helps to support my website, my recipes, and the free content I provide. If you have an Amazon login, it’s even easier to make a purchase. Thanks for browsing!
- 6 bell peppers in a variety of colors- red, green, orange, yellow, etc.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Roast the bell peppers, then seed and skin them. Cut pepper flesh into long thin strips. Place pepper strips in a medium salad bowl. To learn how to roast bell peppers, click here.
- Pour minced garlic, olive oil, and salt over the roasted peppers. Stir salad until thoroughly blended.
- Cover the salad bowl and let the peppers marinate for 2 hours. Serve at room temperature.